‘Folkways Icons’ Flash Sale
In case you haven’t heard, 2018 is Folkways Recordings’ 70th anniversary and we have a lot to celebrate! All throughout the year, we’ll be looking back with pride and offering up limited-time discounts on wide swaths, themes, and genres of our massive catalog. To kick off our first “flash sale,” we’re offering you 15% off a heaping handful of our iconic albums! Classic recordings like Woody Guthrie’s Struggle, Lucinda Williams’s Rambin’, and Lead Belly’s Where Did You Sleep Last Night will be discounted until January 19th, when our next “flash sale” will begin. As we gear up for a milestone year full of new releases and exciting collaborations, this is the perfect opportunity for you to round out your collection with some of Folkways’ most significant artists and recordings.
See below for a complete listing of albums included in our Folkways Icons Flash Sale – and watch our newsletter and website for more sales and brand new releases!
- Woody Guthrie – Struggle
- Elizabeth Cotten – Shake Sugaree
- Various Artists – Don’t Mourn – Organize!: Songs of Labor Songwriter Joe Hill
- Lead Belly – Where Did you Sleep Last Night: Lead Belly Legacy, Vol. 1
- Lucinda Williams – Ramblin’
- Pete Seeger – Singalong Sanders Theater, 1980
- Honeyboy Edwards – Honeyboy Edwards: Mississippi Delta Bluesman
- Dave Van Ronk – Down in Washington Square: The Smithsonian Folkways Collection
- New Lost City Ramblers – 50 Years: Where Do You Come From? Where Do You Go?
- Mary Lou Williams – Zodiac Suite
- Mighty Sparrow – First Flight: Early Calypsos from the Emory Cook Collection
- Various Artists – Blodeugerdd: Song of the Flowers – An Anthology of Welsh Music and Song
- Dock Boggs – His Folkways Years, 1963-1968
- Various Artists – Old Regular Baptists: Lined-Out Hymnody from Southeastern Kentucky
- Bill Monroe and Doc Watson - Live Recordings 1963-1980: Off the Record Volume 2