New Year, New Vinyl Reissues
The Smithsonian Folkways Vinyl Reissue Series marches proudly into 2019 with a set of releases from Lead Belly, Dave Van Ronk, and Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, four legendary Folkways artists whose lasting musical legacies remain unparalleled. Lovingly redesigned from original prints, materials, and photographs, and remastered from original LP master tapes by GRAMMY-award winning sound engineer Pete Reiniger, the Reissue Series gives fans the opportunity to experience the music in its original format – down to the iconic black textured Folkways tip-on style jacket and liner notes booklet!
The third installment of the Reissue Series comes out January 11th, pre-order your copies today. Purchase all three as a bundle to receive a complimentary Folkways slipmat; your turntable will be the envy of every audiophile!
- Easy Rider – Lead Belly (originally released in 1953)
- Ballads, Blues, and a Spiritual – Dave Van Ronk (originally released in 1959)
- Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry Sing – Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry (originally released in 1958)
The Smithsonian Folkways Vinyl Reissue Series began in 2018 with the following classic titles, available now!
- Struggle – Woody Guthrie (originally released in 1976)
- Lightnin' Hopkins - Lightnin' Hopkins (originally released in 1959)
- Bahaman Folk Guitar – Joseph Spence (originally released in 1959)
- Goofing-Off Suite – Pete Seeger (originally released in 1955)
- American Banjo: Songs and Tunes in Scruggs Style (originally released in 1957)
- Dock Boggs: Legendary Singer & Banjo Player – Dock Boggs (originally released in 1964)