Elizabeth Cotten, Mary Lou Williams, and Lucinda Williams Classics Reissued on Vinyl
The Smithsonian Folkways Vinyl Reissue Series continues with classic releases from Elizabeth Cotten, Mary Lou Williams, and Lucinda Williams, three musical geniuses and pioneering women of their respective genres whose impact cannot be measured, but is deeply felt. Lovingly redesigned from original prints, materials, and photographs, and remastered from original LP master tapes by GRAMMY-award winning sound engineer Pete Reiniger, the Reissue Series gives fans the opportunity to experience the music in its original format – down to the iconic black textured Folkways tip-on style jacket and liner notes booklet!
The fourth installment of the Reissue Series comes out March 1st, pre-order your copies today. Purchase all three as a bundle to receive a complimentary Folkways slipmat and listen in style!
- Happy Woman Blues – Lucinda Williams (originally released in 1980)
- Folksongs and Instrumentals with Guitar – Elizabeth Cotten (originally released in 1958)
- Mary Lou Williams – Mary Lou Williams (originally released in 1964)
The Smithsonian Folkways Vinyl Reissue Series has grown to include these fantastic titles, all available now!
- Struggle – Woody Guthrie (originally released in 1976)
- Lightnin' Hopkins - Lightnin' Hopkins (originally released in 1959)
- Bahaman Folk Guitar – Joseph Spence (originally released in 1959)
- Goofing-Off Suite – Pete Seeger (originally released in 1955)
- American Banjo: Songs and Tunes in Scruggs Style (originally released in 1957)
- Dock Boggs: Legendary Singer & Banjo Player – Dock Boggs (originally released in 1964)
- Easy Rider – Lead Belly (originally released in 1953)
- Ballads, Blues, and a Spiritual – Dave Van Ronk (originally released in 1959)
- Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry Sing – Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry (originally released in 1958)