Winter 2010 Issue
Folkways Magazine is produced by the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage.
"Los Reyes de Albuquerque y La Familia Martinez"
A Public Radio and Online Documentary
Produced by Paul Ingles and Genevieve Russell
Narration and consultation by Enrique Lamadrid, PhD.
The project was made possible by a grant from the New Mexico Humanities Council and the "We The People" project of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Additional support from the KUNM Independent Producers Fund.
Sam Gesser Tribute
A co-production of Smithsonian Folkways Recordings and folkwaysAlive! at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Brenda Dalen, folkwaysAlive! Research Associate, University of Alberta
- D. Atesh Sonneborn, Associate Director, Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- Charles Weber, Videographer, Smithsonian Institution
- Special thanks for allowing access to their collections and locations:
- Jewish Public Library Archives, Montreal — Shannon Hodge, Archivist and Eiran Harris, Archivist Emeritus
- McGill University, Marvin Duchow Music Library — Brian McMillan, Liason Librarian
- Samuel and Ruth Gesser
From the Field
Translations by Timothy Khaukha with Jeffrey A. Summit.
Note: Many of the quotes of song lyrics above were selected from full song translations. Others come from the singers' introductions to their songs. Full translations of all song texts are now in process. All recordings Copyright by Jeffrey A. Summit/Peace Kawomera 2006.